I have been interested in nature ever since I can remember. I watched every bird, animal, and bug I saw and spent every minute I could outdoors.
My interest in photography began when I was 10 years old. I purchased my first camera, a Kodak "Brownie", with money I earned from mowing lawns in my hometown of Reno, Nevada. While in my 20's I purchased my first 35mm single lens reflex camera, a Nikon Nikkormat, and immediately enrolled in photographic correspondence courses.
In a career change, my wife Karen and I opened one of several camera stores in Southern Oregon where I sold cameras and photographic equipment for nearly 18 years. I also conducted basic camera classes and in my spare time photographed every bird and animal that would hold still!
I have been lucky enough to have traveled to Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Arizona,Texas, Florida, and Hawaii to photgraph the many wonderful bird and animals that are native to those areas. We also travel throughout Oregon and California, two of the most beautiful and "wildlife rich" areas in the country.
My wife and I still roam the hills in search of photographic opportunities and add to our collection on a regular basis. Be sure to check this website often for new updates.
A few of my photo and writing credits are:
1) Winner of WILDBIRD MAGAZINE's first national photo contest
2) Photo and writing contributor to WILDBIRD MAGAZINE
3) "Honorable Mention" in THE NATIONAL WILDLIFE FEDERATION's 2006 photo contest (Nature's Best)
4) Finalist in BIRDS AND BLOOMS MAGAZINE's 2006 photo contest
5) Columnist for 12 years for THE MEDFORD MAIL TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER , a regional newspaper serving Southern Oregon and Northern California.
6) Major photo contributor to the OREGON COAST BIRDING TRAIL website and brochure, www.oregoncoastbirding.com/
7) April 2007's "Featured Photographer" for Cornell Lab of Ornithology's website at www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/.com
8) Frequent photo and feature story contributor to BIRDS AND BLOOMS MAGAZINE www.birdsandblooms/.com
9) Major photo contributor to the Rogue Valley Audubon Society's website at www.roguevalleyaudubon.org/
10) "Featured Photographer" for BIRDS AND BLOOMS Magazine in the October/November 2008 issue. www.birdsandblooms/.com